Monday, June 9, 2008

Practice What I Write!

Whew what a weekend! I was whining up a storm and feeling sorry for myself big time. Have you ever done that? Things were just not going right; I felt some depression coming in and those darn neighbor's maple trees were losing their helicopter seeds all in my back yard. My grass was full and all the rock I have down was covered. Another year of being on my hands and knees picking them up ONE BY ONE. Today, I was whining about that to my friend at church and she was kind enough to listen to all of my whoas. This afternoon God told me I needed to practice what I write. My last entry was Count your Blessings Name Them ONE BY ONE! Shame on me for complaining that I have all that work to do which yes it is tedious but I still am able to get down on my hand and knees to do it. How many people wish they had a house and a yard to work in? So this afternoon as I was down on my hands and knees, I started to thank the Lord for each seed that I was picking up. I can't say I had an instant love for those unsightly things but the Lord gave me another insight into the job at hand.

2 Comments:

At June 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we need to title your book "Joyce and her helicopters!"

 
At June 12, 2008 at 7:49 PM , Blogger StacieBerreth said...

Just wanted to say hello and tell you how much I enjoy and am encouraged by your blogs Joyce. Each entry brings encouragement and a smile to my face...and often a good chuckle. You should do this for a while and then get the whole thing published. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home