Friday, May 30, 2008

Reality

Okay, so I admit it; I love reality shows! American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, and Amazing Race. What else is on TV that is decent to watch? I heard on the news the other day that there is a lady that watches 20 reality shows. So watching four isn't so bad.

Reality hit me hard today and it wasn't a TV show. I ordered Roger's stone a few weeks ago and they put it in the other day so I went today to his grave. There it was; Roger G. Counihan 1949-2008. I knew he was buried in the box I had bought for his ashes but seeing his name in stone made it all so real. My name is next to his with an open ended year but that didn't bother me as much as seeing my sweet guy's name there. I wonder if that is how someone made up the saying written in stone. Maybe there was a death of a loved one in that person's life and reality hit when that name was set in stone. I was just thinking that when Jesus died on the cross and his friends put him into a tomb they could have carved His name in the stone but they didn't because there was no reason to; His death was not final. He rose again. Roger's death is final for earth but he will also rise again when the Lord comes back. That gives me God goose bumps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home