Sunday, May 18, 2008

Seize the Day

The other morning I was sitting spending time with the Lord doing my devotions. The devotion I was reading was entitled, "Seize the Day." That title spoke to me in ways that it would never have before my journey. November 1, 2007 was like any other day. A day of all is well with the world. Roger and I were together; probably taking each other and life for granted. Life was good so why think about what might be. We just enjoyed being together and thanking the Lord for all the blessings he had given us. Then a few weeks later, life changed in ways we never expected. Life would never be the same as we had known it. A verse in the Bible says, "You do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." Seize each day. Seize each opportunity the Lord gives you each day. If He is calling you to walk a closer walk with Him, SEIZE it; if it is healing a broken relationship, SEIZE it. Whatever He is telling you to do, SEIZE it. Don't wait for another day, SEIZE it Today. In my devtional it said, to plan as though you will be living for a century; live as though you will be leaving today.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO WRITE A BOOK!!! We love you! Carrie

 
At May 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Hi Joyce, I just wanted to thank you for checking in on us. You have no idea how much your messages have helped me. You have been there, done that. You know exactly what to say to get me back on track, so to speak. I now just read your last blog entry here and I think you may have found your niche in life Joyce, you should have either been a counselor or a writer, or both! It is never too late!! Seize the Day!! God Bless.

Katie Scharffbillig

www.caringbridge.org/visit/pray4cricket

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home