Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Planning my Life

I had a wonderful time up north spending the long weekend with my brother and his wife. It was so relaxing and just what I needed to do. One more weekend gone and more to come. I have been sitting here thinking what might lay in front of me. Already things are changing. These last few weeks have seen some replacing; Kitchen door knob, leaf blower, printer, my car is making funny sounds (hopefully not replacing). These are the hard things to handle without Roger. Most of these I would have taken care of myself anyway but it sure makes a difference not to have someone to talk to about them. I do believe that Satan knows my weakness at this time in my life so he probably figures discouragement would be a good one to send my way but he is not as smart as he thinks he is. The Lord says in Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you." I know discouragement is not in God's plans for me. Relying on Him is what I will do. This changed life is hard enough to do without adding discouragement to the list. God's Word further says, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." So I will have a future filled with hope. I need to keep my focus on Him and wait for His timing for my new life.

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That's right mom - thanks for being a great testimonial. Too many of us give in to discouragement. If anyone has a excuse to it would be you, but you are passing the test with flying colors. Thanks for being such a good Christian Mom example :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home