Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Anniversary Day

Can you believe that I am blogging. Something I knew nothing about until a few weeks ago when I was talked into this.


Today is May 6 my anniversary of 36 years with my wonderful husband. I still feel him with me so I still consider this our anniversary. We are celebrating it in different places, in different ways and probably celebrating for different reasons. I know Roger is celebrating being with the Lord. I am celebrating 36 wonderful years that I was blessed with Roger. Last week, I was cleaning out my desk and I found an anniversary card that I had forgotten about. It had such beautiful words that I bought it last year to give Roger on our anniversary. I sat holding it wondering what I should do with the card. Throwing it was not an option. I decided that on our anniversary I would write a love letter to Roger telling him of my weeks without him and how much I miss him. I put the letter in the card and sealed it. I taped it to the back of the beautiful picture Roger and taken of our hands with the scripture verse of Philipians 4:4-7. Roger had the picture taken with the thought that he would give it to me on our anniversary but he knew he would not be here so he gave it to me early. The letter will be there until the Lord calls me home and our children will be able to read it. Thru the tears when I wrote the letter, peace came over me and I know that the Lord granted my one request; I asked the Lord to tell Roger that I love him so very much. My first anniversary without Roger was sad but also joyous. I had a wonderful marriage and life with a man that God made for me; how could I be sad. I had to thank the Lord for a marriage that lasted 35 tremendous years. I would have loved to have more time with him but it could have been 34 years instead so I was blessed with 35. I am with David and Carrie in Sturgeon Bay and with my grandpuppies. How blessed I am to have them here and have Jason and Carolyn back home waiting for my return. God has been and will always be so good to me; I praise and thank Him every day for the wonderful things He has done! Thanks for going with me on MY new journey. Is it joyous? How can it not be when the Lord is the center of it.

6 Comments:

At May 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this special day.

Amy Fritz

 
At May 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Laurie P. said...

Happy Anniversary! We are so glad you are spending it with loved ones. Mmm, sounds like some good soup has been bubbling. :) We are ready to go to the DQ. We stopped at Gormans for a tasty malt last night while on our motorcycle ride. Mmm, that ice cream is soooooo good! We will get together soon for our treat. Love and Hugs, Laurie and Bruce
PS: Mary and Scott's wedding was beautiful!

 
At May 6, 2008 at 5:30 PM , Blogger John S. said...

Thanks for continuing to share your journey in this way. I knew it was your anniversary today as I had it in my Palm PDA along with other important dates. Some time ago I had thought of removing this date and yours and Roger's birthdates. But something made me change my mind so they are there yet to remind me. I wasn't sure if I should send you a note or not since I knew it would probably be a difficult day. I'm glad to hear that there was joy along with the sadness.

You're in my prayers!

John S.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 6:14 PM , Blogger jwcounihan said...

Happy Anniversary Mom!! We love you and are proud of your strength through this tough time. An too think you didn't want anything to do with a computer just a few years ago.

 
At May 6, 2008 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Richelle Morgan said...

happy anniversary! you're such a great example to me, i love you!

 
At May 6, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Debbie T said...

This is really late in the day....but your anniv. date is on our calendar, so I'm glad you wrote in your blog, thanks for sharing your thoughts, so Happy Anniv! I'm glad you were with David/Carrie and the grandpups - wonderful memories you have and to hold forever, esp the love letter to Roger. Hope to see you soon when you get back, love Debbie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home