Saturday, June 14, 2008

June the Wedding Month

I have three weddings this month to attend. The first two are friends whose daughters got married. Roger and I have known them for years. They were beautiful weddings and it was nice to celebrate with many friends. With each wedding, Roger's absence from my side was so hard. As people would share with me some news, my mind would think I need to share this with Roger and then reality would hit; Roger is not here to share with. That is one of the things I miss the most. I thank God for the two weddings before the third one at the end of June. The first two I believe were a preparation for the third which is Roger's niece's wedding. Roger's absence will be missed by many family. I am so thankful that Jason, Carolyn, David and Carrie will be with me. When they are with me, part of Roger is with me also. So many firsts; will I ever feel comfortable going places by myself? I guess, that is why I have forced myself to do things. I need to get use to being by myself. I don't like it but I don't have a choice. I am not one to sit home and feel sorry for myself; if I did that how could the Lord use me where he needs me. I think that God uses us even when we grieve; life doesn't stop it just changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home