Sunday, October 26, 2008

Brains Together For A Cure Walk

Ten of us went down to Rochester early Saturday morning for the walk in Roger's memory. What a wonderful day! The weather was beautiful, I was with my family and a good friend. The only thing that could have made it better was if Roger would have been there with us; oh but wait! He was. We all felt his presence with us so strongly. The organizers of the event made it so fun for us that were participating. Last year was their first year and they had about 400 people and this year they had about 600. All the money went to research at the Mayo. After the walk, we all went into the gym where they had a program. Roger's doctor at the Mayo, Doctor Um, spoke. It was so nice to see him there. He is such a gentle and kind man. I could see in his eyes how his heart breaks for the cancer patients and how he so wants there to be a cure. They are having it again next year around the same time. I hope some of you who couldn't go will consider the walk for next year. It is a wonderful way of spending time together. I had pins made up wtih Roger's picture on them and we worn them so proudly. My kids all left this morning; it is so hard to say good-bye but so good to have had them home for the time the Lord blessed me with. We played games last night and just had alot of fun together; we even acted like we were all kids again. I know for me that was the first time in just about a year that I was able to really laugh and forget for awhile. Saturday was such a healing time for me. Thank you my dear family and my dear friend for helping me heal.

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At October 27, 2008 at 8:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom Joyce,
Until I read your entry, it hadn't occurred to me how important Saturday night really was for all of us. It was the first time in a long time that the 5 of us were together and able to run and play and be goofy and pick on each other (JASON!) and really laugh. Wow...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home