Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Understanding God's Grace

That is what we talked about this morning at my Bible Study; God's Riches At Christ's Expense; His Grace. It was so good. The study is so rich and it makes me think of how good God is even when I probably don't deserve it. There was a youth pastor at my former church a number of years ago who said, "Things happen to us so things can happen in us so things can happen thru us". Read that again and let it soak in. That is God's Grace! That is my life this past year. Roger's cancer diagnosis happened to us, which gave me more dependence and strength and focus on Jesus (in me) so I can do what God wants to do (thru me). He prepares us to be His lifeline to others. The preparation is not easy and as I found out it can hurt bad at times but then He sends things that happen thru me and I see the purpose.

Yesterday I was outside putting up strips of plastic over the screening on our porch for the winter so snow will not come in. This use to be Roger's job and I have given that task to Jason who will finish up the project for me. I only did what I could do. On two of the plastic sheets, Roger had written on the top to toss in 2008! It was like he was instructing me from Heaven. It took me back at first to see his precious handwriting but then I had to see the humor in it. Even in death Roger is taking care of me. To see his handwriting on the plastic instructing me to toss it and cut some new pieces so they would last thru the winter was amazing and a comfort. That is God's Grace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home