Monday, September 1, 2008

A Time For Everything

Fall is coming soon! The Jerry Lewis Telethon is over, US Tennis is being played, Little Falls Craft show is next weekend and school starts tomorrow. Where did the summer go? I love fall but I know winter is coming right after. I have no clue what this winter will be like for me. It, of course, will be another first. I do know that God will walk me thru the long season of winter and that He will comfort me. I plan to use the winter season to be home more and to use that time to remember. It will probably be a time that I am still and will allow myself to spend time with memories of Roger. Ecclesiastes 3 tells us there is a time for everything; a time to weep, a time to mourn among others. Those two are what I expect will be mine this winter. The Lord did not just leave it at a time to weep or mourn; after the time to weep is a time to laugh and after the time to mourn is a time to dance. Weeping and mourning is what brings the healing. I don't want to weep or mourn; I want to have Roger here with me to enjoy the evenings with games in front of the fire, watching American Idol (Yep, Roger even liked that show). That's not going to happen so I need to weep and mourn so I can laugh and dance again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home