Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Five Months and Counting

It has been five months today that Roger went on his Heavenly Journey. It seems more like five years! I miss him so much but I can't let myself dwell on that or I can feel depression setting in. So instead of dwelling on missing him and being alone , I start thinking how blessed he is to be in the presence of the Lord and that he is not that far away from me. The other day I was trying to take down a curtain rod and the one screw wouldn't turn and in my mind I could hear him saying to me, "Joycie, don't strip that screw." Which he knew I sometimes did! Those are the times when I hear his voice in my mind that is my comfort. I have to admit that there are some mornings that I just want to pull the blankets over my head and stay there all day; just don't want to have to face another day alone. That is when I hear the Lord saying, " Get up, I have things for you to do today." He always does and then the lonliness leaves.

Don't forget to register for the brain tumor walk in Rochester if you are going. I will be blogging the directions in a few weeks. I have e-mailed a lady there that is in charge of the walk and she has told me where the best place would be for all of us to meet. Hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home