Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello from Sturgeon Bay

Well, I am in Door County with David, Carrie, Allie, Bucky and Gunnar (the little one). I am going to take care of my grandpuppies for the weekend. David and Carrie are going to be gone for a couple of days to celebrate their first anniversary. How did that happen so fast? It just seems like yesterday they were walking down the aisle and Roger and I were so proud and happy. How fast a year can change; so much can happen in such a short amount of time. I know Roger would have loved to have been here with me to puppy sit. He and Allie ( the black Lab) every morning would go for a longggg walk and they would both come back exhausted. A few years ago, Roger took Allie for a walk on a country road and along side the road on a big rock was a Halloween decoration or statue probably left by a little child. The next day when he and Allie went for a walk, Roger placed something along side that statue on the rock. Then the next day, there was another statue along side the others. The next year was the same. I wonder if that little person wonders who played that game along with him/her and why that person stopped. Roger had such a good time playing along.

The sun is shining and David and Carrie gave me strict rules that I am not to do anything but I think I feel the rules starting to bend alittle! I feel Carrie's gardens calling me. I need to get my hands dirty! That is not such a bad thing; my hands may get dirty but my mind and body will be refreshed.

I hope who ever is reading this blog is feeling God's love and presence in their lives today as I am here in Sturgeon Bay. Have a great God day living for Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home