Friday, July 25, 2008

Perseverance

I am reading a Christian book called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. The chapter I am reading today talks about perseverance. I never realized how hard that is to do when trials come into our lives. The trials I have had in my life before seem so much smaller now as I go thru this journey of living my life without Rogie. Perseverance is something I have to choose hourly. How does perseverance look, feel and act? How do I accomplish that in my life and how do I persevere? James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." First of all, I know I must keep my focus on the Lord. I know He has a plan for me. Second, I know at some point He wants me to not look back at the pain of losing Rogie but look ahead to my future, never forgetting my sweet hubby but to cherish the wonderful memories I have of our life together. I can't say that this trial has been pure joy but knowing that Jesus held me every step of the way and still is carrying me is pure joy. Looking to Him is pure joy. Knowing that some how this will all be worth it as long as I persevere. I know Roger's desire and mine was that people would come to know the Lord and to draw closer to Him thru this trial; that is pure JOY and IT IS WORTH IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home