Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

I just got back from spending the long weekend with Jason and Carolyn in Land O' Lakes in Wisconsin. Her family had a reunion there. They all made me feel so welcome. I couldn't have felt more loved and cared for. It was so nice to be able to share with them stories of Roger in his last days. Some of us stayed in a lodge not to far from the lake home where we were going to be spending most of our days. I requesting having my own room which I knew would be hard but I needed to have the time to myself; I needed to do this as another first. I can't even explain the emotions I felt the first night there in the room by myself. As I layed in the bed, I reached out my hand to the side Roger would have been lying on and just left it there for awhile. For some reason that was a comfort for me. I didn't feel Roger's hand in mine but for some reason it gave me peace. It was as if Roger was saying, "Joycie, you can do this." I did and I was so blessed. This moring before we all went our own way, we had a devotion time that was led by Carolyn's Uncle Ed who is a missionary in Nigeria along with his wife, Wilma. During the devotional time he told us to look around at each person in the room because the next time we all get together again someone might not be there because we just don't know what tomorrow will bring. I am sure that spoke volumes to everyone since I was there without Roger. Tomorrow as you are with others, take sometime to look around and don't take those with you for granted and enjoy that time with them.

1 Comments:

At July 7, 2008 at 9:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you were surrounded by people who love you! We are so proud of how strong you are through all of these firsts. We love you. Your grandpuppies love you too. Dave and Carrie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home