Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family Wedding

I know we all missed Roger this weekend at his niece's wedding. I knew this wedding was going to be hard for me and it didn't let me down. I did pretty well until the song From This Moment was sung. I cried like I haven't for awhile. I have realized that I just don't know when and what will set off the emotions. I have also realized that's okay; it is a release that is part of the healing. The Lord made us with these emotions so we could heal from our hurts. My boys and my girls were there for me the whole time; they were so protective and caring. They knew how I was hurting and comforted me. Sarah and Jeremy, the bride and groom, were also so compassionate and kind; I know they missed Roger also and wished he could have been there. Maybe the Lord gave Roger the chance to watch for just awhile to see how beautiful and happy his niece looked and how proud he could be of his own children in taking care of me.

Lord, please tell Roger how much I love him and that I miss him so much. Let him know, Jesus, that you are faithful to me and that You are giving me strength to get thru each day.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm proud of you! Thank you for being such an inspiration to so many of us. We love you! ~Deb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home